UDL Now! A Teacher’s Guide to Applying Universal Design for Learning, Third Edition
$29.99 (ISBN: 9781930583825)
$29.99 (ISBN: 9781930583832)
UDL Now! New Edition: Third Time is a Charm
Watch the recording and grab the materials from a conversation with bestselling author Katie Novak! She highlights how her book supports educators to get started with UDL, develop a strong foundation to reach all learners, and build meaningful connections around this work.
About the Book
In the third edition of UDL Now!, Katie Novak provides practical insights and savvy strategies for helping all learners succeed in a post-pandemic world using the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
This powerful guide for educators covers timely topics including:
- Supporting UDL within multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS)
- UDL in the service of equity
- Recruiting and engaging learners as UDL partners
- How UDL and Differentiated Instruction (DI) work together
- The role of student choice and voice
- What learning expertise really means
- Preparing for standardized assessments the UDL way
Novak presents examples throughout the book to make the content relevant and digestible. She concludes each chapter with reflection questions to help teachers apply key concepts to their work.
UDL Now! Third Edition is available in paperback ($29.99, ISBN: 9781930583825) and accessible EPUB ($29.99, ISBN: 9781930583832) formats.
Praise for UDL Now! Third Edition
About the Author
Katie Novak, EdD, is an internationally renowned education consultant, author, graduate instructor at the University of Pennsylvania, and a former Assistant Superintendent of Schools in Massachusetts. Katie has two decades of experience in teaching and administration, has an earned doctorate in curriculum and teaching from Boston University, and has authored or coauthored 10 published books, including the best-sellers Equity by Design, UDL and Blended Learning, and Innovate Inside the Box: Empowering through UDL and the Innovator’s Mindset.
Table of Contents
- Foreword by George Couros
- Short and Sweet Intro to Updated and Revised. . . Again
- Chapter 1: Don’t Do It Alone
- Chapter 2: UDL and Equity
- Chapter 3: Differentiating Between UDL and Differentiated Instruction
- Chapter 4: Recruiting and Engaging Learners as UDL Partners
- Chapter 5: The Power of Expert Learning
- Chapter 6: Firm Goals and UDL Implementation
- Chapter 7: Unpacking Choice and Voice
- Chapter 8: But What About Standardized Assessments?
- UDL Resources
- About the Authors
More from CAST Publishing
In this lively and fun book, UDL experts Allison Posey and Katie Novak identify elements of what they call “The Unlearning Cycle” and challenge educators to think again about what, how, and why they teach.
A. Posey & K. Novak
In UDL Playbook for School and District Leaders, the authors lay out a step-by-step process to remake your leadership skills and methods through the inclusive principles of Universal Design for Learning.
K. Novak & M. Woodlock
Andratesha Fritzgerald reveals UDL as an effective framework to teach Black and Brown students, showing how teachers open new roads of communication, engagement, and skill-building for students who feel honored and loved.